Simplyfying on-line business for Small to Medium Enterprise
If you are a small business who spends far more time than you would like, re-inputting sales data from a website which already generates sales receipts, read on!
Since 1998 we have been trading on-line and over the years, we have realised how much time has been spent re-entering data which is already held in the system e.g sales orders. For years, numerous days (in some cases weeks) were spent re-inputting sales orders and purchases into 3rd party accountancy software (quicken, quickbooks, sage etc) in order to run VAT reports each quarter and end of year reports for accountants.
In 2008, we decided to put an end to this and spent a lot of time working with our accountant to extend our e-commerce system to allow it to output reports suitable for VAT returns and EOY. Now, we are completely free of 3rd Party Accounts software and everything is handled from within a single e-commerce application. The saving on time and 3rd party costs is massive!
What does it do?
Every single e-commerce system that we deploy for our customers is designed to enable on-line ordering. Shoppers place orders on the e-commerce site and typically, a sales order / receipt is generated. We have changed this to make the sales order become a formal VAT Invoice. No longer do customers have to contact us to request a VAT invoice, as we generate one at the point of order. Further to this, we have a manual invoice generator which allows us to raise off-line orders directly inside the e-commerce system. Now, all invoices generated are handled from within one single, centralised system enabling easy access to sales reports from within the site.
Obviously, VAT returns require both sales and purchases, so we extended the e-commerce system to allow entry of purchases. Using a simple facility, site owners can add suppliers & enter purchase invoices easily and quickly. Each purchase invoice entered is assigned to a 'purchase type' e.g utility, cost of sales, postage etc and this allows quick reporting on purchase totals within a vat quarter, although in addition we have enabled end of year NET output reports which allow accountants to easily identify where and how your money was spent through the year.
The VAT sales and purchases sytem removes the need for sage/quickbooks completely
Sales Tool Admin
- Manual Invoice Generator (Raise Off-Line Orders inside E-Commerce Site)
- Search by Client (View history of orders by client)
- Search by Invoice (Easily find invoice number and view/edit invoice)
- Search by Custom (postcode, address, telephone, email etc)
- List Outstanding Invoices (Unpaid Invoice View)
- Automated Chase Up (emails account reminders to clients plus sends log to site admin)
- Automated Update of Paid Invoices (and auto send of payment confirmation)
- Client Area Account (ability to view and pay outstanding invoices)
- VAT Report (by custom date range, outputs sales details with total of net, vat and total)
Purchase Tool Admin
- Add/Edit/Delete New Supplier (Manage list of regular suppliers)
- Manage Purchase Types (managed list e.g cost of sales, utility, stock, telephone etc)
- Enter Purchase Invoices (date, number, net, vat, type, pay date etc)
- Report by supplier
- Report by Paid/Unpaid Status
- Report by All or SingleSupplier
- Report by VAT or Zero Rated Invoices
- Report by Credit Card Purchases
- Report by NET Outputs (EoY report of purchases by type in net view, no vat)
- Report by End of Year (Paid/Unpaid invoices as of last day EoY)
- Search by Value
- Search by Type
- Search by Supplier
- Massive Time Saving (no need to spend hours re-inputting sales data)
- Massive Cost Saving (reduce 3rd party staff costs for data entry)
- Admin Time Saving (faster working protocols and reduced client interaction for accounts)
- Reduce Accountancy Fees (run VAT reports yourself and submit to HMRC)
- Reduce/Remove Excel Work (no more manual spreadsheet accounting)
- Need something added (unlike 3rd party accounts, we can add functionality as you require)
- No overly complicated system tools (sage, quicken, quickbooks, pegasus etc)
- No annual licensing or expensive upgrades (no ongoing cost unless you request upgrades)
- SIMPLE! (Nothing complex and kept totally simple and easy to use)
For the small business owner who is running excel spreadsheets or struggling with sage, quickbooks etc, there is no disadvantages, only benefits! This system removes the complexities and keeps it simple. Pay your accountant ONLY for their end of year services and payroll and provide them with satisfactory reports which allow them to enter data into their EOY systems for finalising your accounts.
For the larger company who relies on daily, weekly or monthly management accounts, this is probably not suitable. This system is not designed to replace sage for larger business who use sage to it's full potential and understand how to operate it fully. In these cases, we would probably be better off writing interface scripts which allow sales data to flow directly into sage to save any data re-inputting, so that the business can continue using it's primary accountancy systems.
We are offering SME customers who trade on-line a facility which reduces the impact on time and cash flow by incorporating a reporting system which allows non accounts trained staff to report on sales and purchases quickly and easily for quarterly and end of year requirements.
||Unpaid Sales Invoices
||Add Purchase||List Purchases Unpaid|